The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Reno invite students, parents and educators to join us in the mission of Catholic School education. We have 4 Catholic elementary schools (
St. Teresa of Avila School, Carson City, St. Albert the Great School, Reno, Our Lady of the Snows School, Reno, and Little Flower School, Reno,) and Bishop Manogue Catholic High School along with
3 Pre-schools (Holy Child Early Learning Center, St. Teresa of Avila Preschool, and St. Albert the Great Child Development Center). We are proud of our heritage. We have provided a quality Catholic academic education to the children and youth in our diocese for generations.
Why should parents choose a Catholic education for their children? Catholic elementary and high schools offer:
- Catholic tradition and academic excellence in a community grounded in a common faith
- A balanced curriculum including art and music
- Learning with a moral purpose-educating students to serve others and develop leadership
- A high graduation rate (99%)
- Strong preparation for further education
- A safe and disciplined environment
- Exceptional faculty who help students reach their highest potential
- Good stewardship of resources
To find out more about our schools, please take some time to review this website. Each school is unique and offers students an environment which is grounded in Catholic values and traditions offering a high quality educational program. Our students, teachers, pastors, parents and administrators invite you to visit our campuses and meet us in person. For more information, please contact the school principal at any school within the diocese.
Blessings to you and your family.
Mrs. Karen Barreras
Superintendent of Catholic Schools
Diocese of Reno
"We believe it's more than academic challenge..."